Beginning May 1, the old Tour Plan application will be removed and replaced with the new Tour and Activity Plan.
Once the new Tour and Activity Plan goes live, any tour plans that are not acted upon will cease to exist, and volunteers must resubmit their trip via the new Tour and Activity Plan application.
Q. What is the difference between a tour permit and the online version?
A. Several items. With the online version:
- The unit leadership certifies the plan.
- The local council reviews plans but does not approve them.
- An email workflow can be used to notify the council, chartered organization, committee chair, and emergency contact that a plan has been submitted for review.
- It contains interactive prompts and warnings.
- It provides active links to program-required training and education.
- It provides the ability to store, retrieve, copy, and reuse previously submitted tour and activity plans (not applicable to permits).
- It provides the ability to update the plan up until the day before the tour and activity date.
Q. With the older version, we had a “permit” to take with us. What do we take now?
A. You can print a tour and activity plan summary at the end of your submission. Copies can be made if needed for your unit, emergency contact, parents, etc.
Here is a link to an online video to explain how the new plan will work.