On April 14th, Troop 5 and Pack 5 Sr. Webelos went on an overnight trip to the Battleship Massachusetts or “Big Mame” as she is called. The scouts were treated to a re-enactment of the attack on Pearl Harbor and were also allowed to explore not only the battleship but also the destroyer Joseph P. Kennedy, the Lion Fish submarine and the Hiddensee Missile cruiser. There were 16 scouts and 14 adults/leaders in all, and the whole group had a great time. If anyone wants to experience what our brave men and women of our armed forces had to endure as far as living conditions, battle stations, “cramped and tight” quarters, this trip gives it to you. Great trip and Great experience.
Top Posts & Pages
- Q & A On Pouch Scout Shop Transition
- REMINDER: Nominations for the District Award of Merit are due by April 18th.
- Cub Day At Richmondtown, March 14th – click here for the day’s agenda
- 2nd Annual Cub Scout STEM Day At the Nassau County STEM Hub!
- Boy Scouts host 50th Klondike Derby at Pouch Camp – SI Live Coverage
CARMEN SANTIAGO on Toys for Tots – 201… Laura Esposito on WAGNER BASKETBALL SCOUT DAY: F… Larry Ferretti on Save the Date: S.T.E.M Camp-O-…