At the GNYC Training Extravaganza on January 5th 2013, Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) will be holding a Basic Camping Skills Workshop.
Camping experts from E.M.S. will demonstrate the basics of Camping and cover the following topics of interest to all camping Units:
- Different equipment needed for different seasons.
- Tentage – 3-season tents.
- Backpacks – Internal & external frame types.
- Sleeping – Different types of bags and pads.
- Lighting – Different types.
- Cooking – Including water filtration, camp stoves & clean up.
- Basic Camp Sanitation.
- First Aid Kits – Including sunscreen and insect repellents.
- Importance of Map and Compass use.
- Comfort Items.
- Clothing for the season.
- Footgear and rain gear.
- How to select a tent site.
- Leave-No-Trace common principles.
See the attached flyer for details and on how to sign up.