September 22- 24, 2013 at Camp Pouch will be your chance to build a solid foundation for your Troop’s program this year!
We are offering Adult and Youth Leader Training during Chol HaMoed Sukkot, including:
* Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills* (Sunday and Monday)
* Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Fundamentals* (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday)
*For GNYC Leaders, these courses are mandatory to be registered as a Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster for Units registering after January 1, 2014.
For current or potential youth leaders:
* Introduction to Leadership Skills
* Troop Leadership
* Workshops on:
* Responsibilities and skills for Youth Leadership positions
* “Edging Towards Excellence” – Honing those outdoor skills Youth Leaders teach younger Scouts and developing an understanding of the EDGE method used in passing skills on to others.
* American Safety and Health Institute Basic First Aid**
* American Safety and Health Institute CPR and AED**
* Certification on successful completion of the courses.
* Scout who complete these course will also meet all the requirements for First Aid, including the First Aid Merit Badge.
We will need to cover the cost of the site, food and equipment and until we have an idea of how much room we will need and how many people will be attending, we cannot set the fees. There will small additional charges for the Basic First Aid and CPR courses.
There will, of course, be a sukkah – a big one – which we will all build Sunday afternoon. (Think Pioneering Project!) Everyone, adults and youth, will be filling slots on the duty roster. It’s all part of the learning experience.
We need to know if you are interested in joining us by September 1st. We will send out a list of fees and the schedule right after Rosh HaShanna based on the response.
Please accept our best wishes for a Shannah tova u’metukah.
To sign up please contact Mike Poretsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.