FACSI, this Eagle Scout project would be planting of 15 tree’s throughout S.I. in the abandoned cemeteries, example: planting 8 evergreen’s in S.I. Cemetery. Two flowers plums in Lake, etc.
Hillside, Richmond Avenue @ Forest Ave, across from Shop-Rite
1. Back end of Hillside: Cut and shape extremely overgrowth hedges, bushes and tree’s. Clear and cut all overgrowth before hedges and after into the end of the cemetery.
2. Install flag pole and brick garden
3. Install FACSI sign and posts
4. Build and erect a waterproof information sign, (plexi glass outside, capable of changing information inside sign)
Location – Pouch Camp, Berlin Lodge
Program Feature for the Month – Summer Camp Satisfaction Forum
- 7:00PM Preopening Fellowship – Coffee/Refreshments
- 7:30PM General Opening Welcome
- Opening Ceremony
- Special Guest Scout Executive & CEO Ethan Draddy to speak
- Resource Highlights – Scout Handbook & Scout Handbook App
- Advancement Minute with Tom Zablocki
- Safe Scouting Minute with Rosemary Masullo
- Recruiting Minute with Matt Gaor
- Special Guest – Roberta Hayes of the Children’s Cord Blood Bank
- Program Feature Open Forum Regarding Summer Camp Satisfaction
- Commissioner’s Minute
- 8:55PM Closing Ceremony
Dear Unit leaders,
This week, the Boy Scouts of America’s National Council Executive Committee approved an increase in membership fees. The Boy Scouts of America is increasing its membership fee from $15 to $24 per year for all registered youth and adults effective January 1, 2014. For those who join after the beginning of the year, the fee will be prorated at $2 per month.
This year’s Steak-Out event will take place Saturday, September 7th from 9am-1:30pm at the glorious Camp Alpine in Alpine, NJ. We’re featuring some fantastic new topics this year including new Recruitment Tools, Popcorn Kickoff, Big Apple Jambo Q&A, plus a STEM Info-session!
And how could I forget- a steak lunch for everyone (options available for non-meat eaters as well)!
2013 Steak Out Flier
Its that time of Year to add some training dates to your Calendars.
Sun. Sept. 15 at 9am -OR-
Sun. Oct. 21 at 9:45 am
I am Offering 3 instructions.
Archery, Atlatl, Tomahawks All three will take approximately 6:15.
September 22- 24, 2013 at Camp Pouch will be your chance to build a solid foundation for your Troop’s program this year!
We are offering Adult and Youth Leader Training during Chol HaMoed Sukkot, including:
* Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills* (Sunday and Monday)
* Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Fundamentals* (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday)
*For GNYC Leaders, these courses are mandatory to be registered as a Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster for Units registering after January 1, 2014.