This coming September 19-21 go rafting down the Delaware River as part of the GNYC Raft-O-Ree!
See flyer below!
You can register your unit at: http://www.bsa-gnyc.org/event/1513561
The 2014 Raft-o-ree is a Council sponsored activity under the direction of the Council Activities Committee, with a goal to host a target of ~200 attendees for the weekend. Attendees will raft the Delaware River from Skinners Falls to TMR Landing, with a stop for lunch at the half way point of Narrowsburg. Transportation and rafting will be provided by Landers River Trips. Accommodations for campers will be at Camp Keowa. A Saturday evening campfire show will provide awards and fellowship for attendees.
- TMR: Camp Keowa, camping on the main field.
- Rafting and Saturday lunch location provided by Landers River Trips, Inc.
- Arrival in Camp Keowa on Friday evening.
- Rafting on Saturday mid-morning to early afternoon.
- Lunch at Narrowsburg.
- BBQ Dinner at Camp Keowa.
- Saturday evening Campfire Program.
- Departure after breakfast on Sunday.
Unit Must Furnish Their Own:
- Tents and camping gear to camp on the field.
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.
Qualification of Attendees:
- Units only, no individual registrations will be accepted.
- As per the GTSS, attendees must be 13 years old and a BSA swimmer. Swimmer status will be based on the honor system as provided by the unit leader during check-in. No qualification of swimmer status will be done at the event.
- Submission and review of parts A and B of the BSA Medical Form are required to attend. Attendees must be in good physical condition to raft. A review of medical status will be done during check-in by non-medical check-in staff. Medical, dietary and physical limitations will be reviewed.